Round Robin Shakespeare
So...you think you don't understand Shakespeare?
Or you'd like to understand him better?
Or he's your favorite playwright in the whole wide world? Come help us read all 38 plays out loud! No experience necessary. No need to bring your wallet -- it's FREE!
Thursday, May 16th, 6:30 pm
Fleming Island Library
Any adult. Any gender. Any race. This is the ultimate in color-blind, gender-blind casting. (Note: For this endeavor, we'll conform to Elizabethan custom and count high school students as adults.)
Reading Shakespeare -- Out Loud -- One play a month. Come for one, or come for all.
We are currently meeting on the third Thursday evening of each month. We will probably switch to Saturdays when the meeting room becomes available on that day. Please confirm dates here before you come -- or sign up to be notified by email!
Clay County Public Library
1895 Town Center Blvd
Fleming Island, FL 32003
Because it's fun. And when it's done, we'll be able to say we've read all of the plays. ALL of them!
- We meet once a month to read one of Shakespeare's plays aloud, round-robin style.
- We don't worry about gender, age, race, accent or ability.
- We're going to set up a circle of chairs for readers -- and other chairs for those who prefer to follow along silently.
- If you want to read, show up 15 minutes early to grab one of the readers' chairs.
- We'll have some copies of the plays available, but please bring your own if you can. (The complete works and/or individual plays can be downloaded for free at Project Gutenberg. If you've got an eReader, that's a great option! See the Resources page for other sources of scripts.)
- We start promptly! Some of these plays are long.
- We'll take a 15 minute break somewhere in the middle. At that point, readers can give up their chairs to other readers, if they want.
- We will read an entire play at each meeting.